3) Advanced periodontitis
Gingivitis means inflammation of the gum. It occurs when the gums around the teeth become too red and swollen. Swelling gums often bleed when brushing teeth.
If left untreated, it may develop into severe gingivitis or advanced periodontitis. Inflammation with minimal bone loss results from continuous plaque accumulation under the gum line (periodontitis). If plaque accumulation is not eliminated, it becomes tartar, causing inflammation and increased bleeding. The gums begin to pull.
Advanced periodontitis occurs as a result of bacteria settling in the gums and the teeth are loosened. This may result in tooth loss. Compared to tooth decay, more teeth are lost through periodontitis.
Signs and Symptoms
Healthy gums are very important for you to have healthy teeth. Therefore, if you experience any of the following symptoms, you should consult your dentist and follow his advice.
- Bleeding in the gums while brushing your teeth
- Swelling, withdrawal or bleeding of the gums
- Dark red colored gums
- Tingling or sensitivity to the gums when consuming food or drinks
- Excessive tartar or plaque
- Constant bad breath
The main symptoms to consider are:
1) Any traces of blood when you brush your teeth or floss: Healthy gums should not bleed or hurt.
2) Gingival removal: The gum line goes back to reveal more of the tooth.
If you notice any problems with your teeth or gums, visit your dentist.
Senede Bir Kez Diş Kontrolü ve Diş Taşı Temizliği Neden Önemlidir?
Senede bir defa diş kontrolü ve diş taşı temizliği yapmanın önemini anlatma ihtiyacı duydum. Senede Bir Kez Diş Kontrolü ve Diş Taşı Temizliği Neden Önemlidir? Sağlıklı...Devamını Oku